Friday, August 18, 2017

Baked Red Snapper




Image result for Friday

yes to this.

I was talking with a girlfriend today about how much we really LOVE a Friday. Technically we do not drive to a 9-5 job ( because ours is 24-7 :)) but there is just something magical about a Friday.. its the end of the week..all your people are home together.. it’s just nice. So cheers to Friday!!!

Anyways about tonights dinner...

I have been seriously craving fish like every week! There is just something about summer and the water and fresh fish just SPEAKS to me so I have been salivating over fresh white fish every week except my grocery store charges 25 dollars a LB for it.

 so um NO.

We went to our beach house this past weekend and I was so enthusiastic over catching some fresh fish for my infamous tacos!! 

Didn’t happen. 

So today when I was making my weekly grocery trip I saw that my fish monger had freshly stocked his fish counter with a TON of fresh fish and shrimp. The Red Snapper was 10$ a LB!!!!!
My eyes were wide with excitement!!! So I quickly ordered up two larger than life filets and practically skipped my way home.

Then I came up with this fabulous dinner:)

It went something like this:

Shopping List:

2 Large filets of white fish ( Halibut or Red Snapper work best)
1 bunch of fresh parsley( chopped fine)
1 clove of garlic pressed or minced fine
Juice of one Lemon
Creole Seasoning
Pink Salt
Black Pepper
Freshly Grated Parm
Plain Breadcrumbs
4 Tablespoons of butter - I used 6 whoops :)

Procedure:

Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
salt and pepper your fish to taste
Lay your fresh fish in a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam
mix 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup fresh grated parm.
over medium high heat melt your butter with your pressed garlic and stir aromatics.
Add in your fresh parsley, Creole seasoning, juice of a lemon, and stir until fragrant and parsley is wilted. 
Pour herb butter mixture over the fish.
Finally top the fish with the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture and bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until fish flakes.

This dinner is out of this world Amazing!!!!

** We served alongside roasted broccoli but Asparagus or an heirloom tomato salad would be perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment