Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Mango Curry Chicken... and a few extra photos



It has been a hot minute since I have even wrote a post.. I guess most of it is due to the hurricane, busying myself with my family, and of course #momlife. Sometimes when I get a spare minute I would rather sit on the couch and do nothing then type a post .. real talk here :) I actually just finished  one of my favorite books ( for the third time I might add) and like always, it resonated with me and sparked my love for cooking right back up! 

If you haven’t heard of Shauna Niequest then I highly suggest you go and grab a copy of 

and start reading immediately!!! If you are a foodie, like myself, you will find this book highly intriguing and useful since she adds some yummy recipes at the end of each chapter. She talks a lot about her faith, family, and love for the “table”. I find myself so similar to her in this aspect because there is nothing more satisfying to me, than having cooked a HUGE meal for my friends or family...and sitting ‘round the dining table..just talking, eating, drinking. That is the good stuff and that is a lot of what she writes about.

So anyways on to this recipe! 
I made Shauna’s Mango Curry Chicken
and y’all... It did NOT disappoint. I wanted to share because I am in LOVE! 

It is not a dish I would find myself typically making because ahem #ginger and #curry?? 

I am more of a Tex Mex gal myself but this was so great that everyone I made it for returned for seconds!!!

Mango Curry Chicken

* Taken from Bread and Wine 

Ingredients
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour (or coconut flour to make it paleo)
  • 2 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2-4 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1-1.5 lbs chicken breasts, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • ¼ cups raisins
  • 2 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 mango, pitted and diced
  • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (approx ½ a lime)
  • 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • 2 cups dry rice (white or brown) prepared according to package directions
Instructions
  1. Mix together flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cut chicken into small pieces, and toss with mixture until each piece is well coated.
  2. Heat 2-3 tbsp coconut oil over medium heat until a drop of water fizzles (adding meat to oil that's not hot enough causes the meat to be greasy!)
  3. Cook chicken pieces just until brown and crispy (only a few minutes, it's ok if it's not fully cooked!) Set aside.
  4. If pan seems dry, add a little more coconut oil and let it heat back up. Combine onion and red pepper in pan and cook until onion is softened (about 4-5 min). Add ginger and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, watching carefully to make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
  5. Add chicken back to the pan and lower heat.
  6. Add 4 cups chicken broth. Simmer until the broth reduces by about ¼. This takes some time...
  7. Add raisins, tomatoes, and mango until they are heated through.
  8. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice, cilantro and basil.
  9. Serve over rice (or cauliflower rice to make it pale!






A few pics of my loves!

We have been doing a lot of park time and this baby LOVES the swing



Headed to the DoSeum! 


We completed our August Project Handprint


Mama got some fall color in her hair


Splash pad fun!


Pearl Brewery



Love them so much!!!! They are my reason for documenting and blogging.. I love looking back and seeing how much life has changed!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment