Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Spicy Buffalo Turkey Burgers

When I say turkey burger I guess that could be defined as a rather loose term. These are more like Buffalo turkey sloppy Joe's but somehow the title sloppy Joe has never sounded yummy or appealing to me. So turkey burgers they are! My husband loves all things spicy and buffalo related and to be quite honest I do too! These were found off of a cute little bloggy recipe website. I just did a quick spin on them to make them a little more healthy. For those of you who GAG at bleu cheese ( AHEM ELEIN) you don't have to use it. I however LOVE that delicious bleu mold so my recipe will contain lots of it!

Ingredients you will need:

one pound of lean turkey meat ( I buy 85/15)
one five oz can of FRANKS hot sauce <<<<------- If you have never heard of this stuff I just became your new best friend.
mold, I mean bleu cheese
one chopped celery stalk for garnish
one can of tomato sauce
salt/pepper
Onion-optional
whole grain hamburger buns

Directions:
sauté  your ground turkey with 1/2 cup of an onion in a  skillet over medium
once its browned and the onion is clear pour an entire 5 oz bottle of franks and mix well
then add the tomato sauce
DONE.
yep its that easy.
Top onto a whole grain burger bun and garnish with chopped celery and BLEU cheese if you must :)

I added quinoa instead of a bun because we were out that's why my picture looks different.
YUM.
kinda spicy ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment