Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Callie's Cornbread Casserole

This recipe I am going to share is probably one of mine and my family's all time favorites. I make it every year at Thanksgiving and for certain special events. It is one of those dishes that will not leave ANY left overs. It is southern, versatile, and made with butter :) OK lots of butter.. but that's okay its not your every day dish! Indulge just a little!! I have recently paired this casserole with my white chicken chili and shrimp corn chowder. TO die!!! Here are the ingredients for the casserole

9/12 baking dish
two sticks of butter
one can cream corn
one can white sweet corn
one package cheddar cheese
one 16 oz. container sour cream
two boxes of jiffy corn bread ( or whatever brand you like)

simply melt the two sticks of butter
then add everything together in a bowl and mix thoroughly
pour in your casserole dish and top with the cheese
bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until golden brown

ITS DELICIOUS!!!!

pour your favorite chili or stew over it and thank me later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment