Saturday, May 21, 2016

Cajun Chicken Spaghetti



Out. Of. This.World.Good.

I had this craving for pasta all day long.. it's all I could think about really, so when I got home from work I immediately started scouring my fridge to see what I could come up with.  I didn't actually intend for it to be cajun but it ended up that way with the ingredients I had on hand. Thus this spaghetti was born!!! 


Shopping List

one can cream of celery
one can cream of chicken
two bell peppers- chopped
three stalks of celery-chopped 
two large cloves of garlic-chopped and minced
1/2 large yellow onion-chopped
heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated swiss
1/2 cup grated fontina 
cajun seasoning
s&p
four chicken breasts-seasoned the way you like and grilled
angel hair pasta-serving for four
4 tablespoons of butter 

phew. I think thats it. I went to town ya'll.


Procedure

start by sautéing your veggies together over some EVOO and a little butter. Throw the garlic, onion, peppers, and celery in there and give it a little stir. While the veggies are softening, lets work on the sauce. The sauce is going to start with the two cans of cream soups. Plop them in a pot over medium high heat  and add a half a can of water..stir it a few times add in 2 tablespoons of butter and some cream ( I used about two glugs) yes I realize I am adding cream to what is already known as "cream of" soups. Whatever I'm  pregnant.  Crack in quite a bit of pepper and add some Cajun seasoning to your sauce mixture and then just add to your taste. Once the veggies are soft..its time to pour the cream over them.  Once the cream is added to the veggie mix now you need to dump your cheeses in.. this is the best part :) Next Boil your water and add your pasta. Cook for ten minutes...while your pasta is cooking cut up your already grilled chicken and set aside. Once pasta is boiled drain and place back in pot. Add cream sauce and sliced grilled chicken to the pot and toss until everything is well coated. Serve up and enjoy!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete