Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Grocery List Staples



A little laugh for your Monday :)

Today I am going to talk about Grocery lists...
I know what a boring post right...but wait it will get better I promise.. I may even help you save a little $$$ who knows? 

over the 18 months I have been married my grocery bill has fluctuated from 225 a week, to 175-180, to now in the 125 range. Come on that is pretty amazing.. I learned to budget, which foods to buy, to always make a list and stick to it, to never go to the grocery store starving ( huge mistake friend, HUGE) Now I realize I am not totally experienced..and I have only been married for 18 months...and my mom STILL thinks my grocery bill is horrendous..but hey I am learning, and maybe so are you!!!


So in a nutshell my grocery list staples pretty much looks like this ( give or take the season...during summer I buy a lot more fresh produce and during winter I buy a lot more baked goods ...for baking duh! :))


PRODUCE:
Berries
Lemons
Limes
Oranges
Bananas
Avocado
Zuchinni/Squash
Bagged Salad
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
 
 
Cheese
Shredded Parm, Mozzerella, and Mont. Jack
Buffalo Mozzerella
block of WHITE cheddar
 
Fish/Meat
Always Salmon
Always Chicken Breast
Always some form of either Turkey or Pork
 
Dairy
Eggs
Coffee Creamer
Cream Cheese
Sour Cream
 
Baking Aisle
Cake mix
Frosting
 
 
**Depending on the season I switch out my different baking items..so for October Ill buy canned pumpkin and spice cake and other fall-ish items and for summer I may buy a can of cherry filling and a corresponding cake mix. Sometimes this is where my grocery bill can stack up so I try to be careful and really plan what I am going to be baking during the week.
 
** Depending on the season my proteins always switch out..during the colder months I typically buy more Roasts, Filet Mignon, and heavier proteins and for warmer months we eat a lot of fish, chicken, and lighter meats. So this can tack on a few more $$ extra. One good tip I can offer is to plan your meals...whether you are a gourmet cook, busy mom, or a working girl if you have a plan/list and stick to it your meal times will run a lot smoother and you will see more consistency with your grocery bill!!! I always have a list no matter how many things I need at the store. This keeps me from over buying or throwing stuff in the cart that I really don't need.
 
I also keep a dry erase board on the side of my fridge so that when I am out of something I write it and thus a list is formed...keeps me in check of all the items I need!!!
 
So there you have it nothing crazy just a little random grocery tip for your Tuesday!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment