Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Fish Tacos with a Creamy Avocado Sauce



Happy Tuesday Morning!!!!

This past weekend was so simple yet so much fun! The weekends where we cook at home, sip wine, and make memories as a family are really my preference over going out and about in a busy crowd. We stayed in on Friday ( it was GORGEOUS!) opened all the windows, played some music, and mama made some fabulous fish tacos! I even invited our friends over and they loved them! I make fish tacos a lot and have used about every fish under the sun to find the perfect fit for my taco. I will be honest.. salmon tacos are gross :) 

When you do go about picking a fish for a taco it needs to be sturdy, mild in flavor ( so you can spice it up with all your toppings), and always wild caught. Some of my favorite fishes for the tacos are halibut, snapper, speckled trout, and Sol. In this particular taco I used the Sol and it paired perfectly with the avocado lime ranch sauce I made to go on top!!! 

here ya go!


Ingredients:

2 8 oz filets of your fish of choice

purple cabbage

1 bunch of cilantro separated and chopped

1 or 2 fairly medium avocado chunked

2 cloves of garlic-minced

1/2 large yellow onion chopped

juice of 1 lime

1 jalepeno pepper seeded and chopped

sour cream

1 ranch seasoning packet

corn tortillas ( street taco size)

Procedure:

Start by sautéing your onion and garlic in some butter and a little bit of EVOO ..take care NOT to burn your garlic. Cook until the onion is softened. Salt and pepper your fish and spray with Lemon Juice. THIS is the best way to get that wonderful juice of a lemon without using a stale spice. Transfer fish to the pan and sear both sides then turn the heat down and add a little bit of white wine to deglaze the pan. keep putting the sauce over the fish. Once the fish is cooked remove pan from heat! 

For the Sauce:

( a food processor or a mini food processor would be helpful for the sauce or any blending tool of sorts)

add some of the chopped cilantro - saving some to top the tacos- and add it to the processor
next add your jalepeno, 1/4 sour cream, 1/2 ranch seasoning packet, juice of a lime, and 1/2 of the chunked avocado season with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until you get a nice creamy sauce...taste and add the seasonings as needed. I found that I liked my sauce a little more salty and with more sour cream so I added until I was satisfied with the flavoring. 


** Have toppings ready in cute little ramekins** 

This makes for a cute presentation and its fun to grab and top! I used 

chopped avocado, cilantro, mini lime wedges, purple cabbage, and I did have cheese if anyone wanted it.


pop those tortillas in the warmer and then serve up some tacos!!!



A picture of my gorgeous Friday view :)! 



My finished product!!! YUM!






No comments:

Post a Comment