Friday, May 29, 2015

Peach Caprese Salad



Happy Friday!!!!!!!

I am one happy teacher..blogging at 8:00 AM with a cup of coffee in her hand and not oneeeee place to be :) I love summer. 

Summertime is usually when I unwind from the hectic school year and plan a lot of new recipes!! I plan to take a few cooking classes this summer and try a bunch of new things!

Peaches are one of my favorite fruits, and with their crisp mild taste I thought it would be great ( and not to overwhelming) to use in my caprese salad.

This will be a summer staple in my house this year out on my back patio with a few snacks...yum!



Shopping List:

One Large Greenhouse Tomato off the vine ( beefsteak works too)
one medium size ripe peach
buffalo mozzarella cheese
fresh basil
olive oil
salt
pepper
aged balsamic vinegar


Procedure:

Slice both the tomato and peach length wise until you get nice thin slices
slice the buffalo mozzarella the same way
layer a tomato, peach, mozzerella piece, and a few torn pieces of basil again and again unit you have used the tomato and peach slices up.
drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper, and finally balsamic vinegar and serve chilled


if you would like to make this into a lunch salad simply CUBE the pieces instead of slice and add some diced cooked chicken...this could also pair nicely with some yummy pita bread or in a wrap!!!! Endless suggestions but my favorite is the Caprese! Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment