Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hot Chocolate & Peppermint Cupcakes

Hot Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
** Courtesy of Shay Shull from Mix and Match mama


Holy Christmas these are good. 

Yes I know it is not Thanksgiving yet but I have promptly begun to bake my holiday recipes just so I can get a head start. I am all about that head start this year AKA ( all Christmas shopping is done and wrapped!) Usually each christmas I start my Cookie Baking the weekend after Thanksgiving and then pile all my yummy cookies into Christmas tins for various friends, neighbors, and co-workers. This is one of my favorite parts of the season! I tend to start baking "new" recipes and trying them out on my teacher friends- they always tell the truth! I think these are going to be a big hit though :)

Ingredients

one box chocolate cake mix
one package or two small packages of hot chocolate mix
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
8 oz pkg cream cheese ( softened)
crushed peppermints
3 cups powdered sugar
peppermint extract
red food coloring

Procedure
preheat oven to 350

mix together the cake mix, oil, water, eggs and hot chocolate and beat with electric mixer.
Then pour into a greased cupcake pan and bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
While cupcakes are baking; mix together the three cups P.S, cream cheese, peppermint extract ) a drop or two) and the red food coloring ( a drop or three) mix until creamy. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready. Allow cupcakes to cool five minutes once timer goes off and then frost the cooled cupcakes!! Garnish with the crushed peppermints. 

See so easy!!!! These would be a very cute teacher gift, neighbor gift, or just to eat on  your own!!




No comments:

Post a Comment