Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The easiest gumbo you will ever make



 It is FIFTY degrees in San Antonio people!! I thought it would never happen...just last week we had roaring temperatures of 85 degrees and now our cool front has come to stay:) I am a happy girl. However when it is cold outside I do not like to be foraging around the kitchen after a long day of chasing after kids. Crock pot, soups, and stews are always what I want to eat for dinner and it just so happens that many times they cook themselves!! This gumbo is seriously the easiest recipe I have ever made. Thanks to my best friend Elein we had the worlds easiest and best gumbo last night and I am going to share it with you:)


Shopping List:

one jar of this: ( this is my favorite brand of gumbo roux, there are many others but this one is quick and has lots of the yummy seafood flavoring and veggies already packed inside)

one can of chicken broth
one rotisserie chicken shredded
one lb of shrimp deveined and tails off
two cups of brown rice cooked
THATS IT. I know.. so easy

Procedure:

Start by dumping the roux in a big pot over medium
add the chicken broth and let simmer until hot.
In the meantime cook up your rice!
dump the shredded chicken in the pot
Once your rice is fully cooked then you can add the shrimp (remember shrimp only takes about 3-5 minutes to cook so it needs to be the last ingredient!)
add your shrimp (** note I like to cut my shrimpys into thirds so they are more like chunks instead of a whole shrimp but its up to you)
add whatever seasonings you think it might need ( i add a little salt and pepper and hot sauce)
Once the shrimp are cooked, serve over rice and enjoy!!! Garnish with crackers, crusty bread, hot and lots of FRANKS hot sauce :) Mmmmmmm yummy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment