Monday, July 27, 2015

Summer Hurrah Peach Bread



mmmmm Peaches....

They just scream summer right?


When we drive our annual trip to our beach house we always stop by this little farmers market that sells an array of fresh fruits and veggies. The most fragrant, and the ones that are our favorite, are the peaches!

The recipe that I am about to share with you comes out of one of my favorite cook books ever!! I collect the Gooseberry Patch cookbook collection and find that their seasonal cook books enclose some of the easiest and most tasty recipes ever!!! You can find this exact recipe in THIS cook book called " Summer in the Country". I order mine straight off of the website which is found here but you can order off Amazon as well. Enjoy!!! l


Shopping List

3 C all-purpose flour ( could substitute whole wheat)
2 C sugar ( I used raw turbinado sugar)
1 t baking soda
4 eggs beaten
1 c. oil
1 t vanilla extract
2 t. almond extract ( I didn't have almond so I subbed vanilla for both)
4 C peaches ( pitted, peeled, and chopped)  ( canned, fresh, or frozen all work great!)
optional 1 c chopped nuts ( walnuts or pecans!!!)

Procedure

Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well. Add eggs and oil; stir just until moistened. Stir in extracts, peaches, and nuts. Spread into 2 greased 9 * 5 loaf plans ( I used two meat loaf pans!) bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean! Cool for 10 minutes and garnish with more fresh peaches!!!!!

** I love to make little loafs like this and interchange the fruits so for fall you could use apple..for winter you could use cranberry and so on. I wrapped a few of these in bakers paper and tied them with cute twine and sent them off to a neighbor who needed cheering up... these make very cute little gifts!



My yummy afternoon snack that I paired with fresh sliced peaches and organic peach tea..

This will not disappoint!! Happy Summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment