Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fredricksburg with the Frankhousers


Last weekend we decided to meet our good friends the Lonon's down in Fredericksburg for a weekend at a bed and breakfast. I was so ready for some German food, good wine, and shopping..it could not have been a prettier weekend and we enjoyed each other's company so much. I haven't been this relaxed in a LONG time. We got there Friday evening and had some wine on the porch before heading off to a German restaurant. I was completely against eating German food because it sounds disgusting to me..(the smell of Sauerkraut is enough to gag a village. ) However.. I was surprised. I got something that sounded appealing to me and actually enjoyed it. On Saturday we woke up to Coffee and breakfast and headed downtown for some shopping.. I am in love with all of the cute shops down town. Each shop is unique and houses the most adorable home décor, clothing, antiques. It's just fun! Then for the best part.. and my particular favorite.. we went to the winery! Yay! First stop was Grape Creek and next was William Chris. The scenery was to die and the wine wasn't bad either :) This was my first time to do a real wine tasting and the lady at the counter told me that I had an experienced wine palette....well duh!! ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment