Friday, February 21, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls

I LOVE me a crockpot!!!! If you are working all day or busy with errands and don't have time to chef it up in the kitchen for a big ole' meal then your  new best friend is the crockpot. I cook approx. 2 dinners a week in this thing simply because its easy and I love the way my meals turn out! Chicken taco bowls are a  yummy Mexican and low carb bowl to make starting with:

four boneless skinless chicken breasts
two cans of black beans
1/2  cup of frozen corn
one jar of salsa-I use pace medium
cumin
chili powder
cayenne pepper
salt/pep
one clove of minced garlic
cilantro for garnish
shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

Directions:
Simply place the chicken on the bottom of the crock pot-it doesn't matter if they are frozen or not
then add the beans and corn and pour over the chicken
pour the jar of salsa over
add the spices ( I typically add about two tspns of each however you can always add more)
add the garlic

place on low ( if not frozen)
place on high( if frozen)

for about 6-8 hours

once its done the chicken will easily shred with a fork and you will have a yummy delicious taco bowl!!!

garnish with my fave CILANTRO, some monterray jack cheddar, and hot sauce :)

* I apologize for my not -so -pretty- food picture.. I forgot to snap a picture and I had already begun eating my food!




No comments:

Post a Comment