Monday, February 24, 2014

Jalepeno Popper stuffed Snapper with Orange Marmalade Sauce

So you can probably figure by my last post and now this one that I am kind of obsessed with snapper. Even better than that, I am kind of obsessed with awesome neighbors who share their fresh caught snapper with this girl and her husband!! WHOO!! It's SO good. The contrast between the jalapeño and marmalade are the perfect combo of sweet and spicy!  Every Sunday I make a big Sunday dinner for Brandon and myself and usually our next door neighbors or whatever friends we invite over.. my kitchen is literally always open!!! This Sunday I was looking for something to make that was interesting and different but I was craving fish! So when my friend gave me this recipe I had to have some. It was devoured in minutes. WINNING. For this appetizer recipe you will need the following:

two filets of snapper ( you can also use any firm clean white fish of your preference EXCEPT TILAPIA)
oyster sauce
orange marmalade
soy sauce
candied jalapeños (or sweet and spicy ones)
WHIPPED cream cheese

Directions:

Horizontally slit your fish all the way down without cutting through the skin ( kind of like making little pockets..make sense?)
next slice your jalepenos into slivers( make sure you slit them to where they can be lenghthy and fit into the slots)
pour a little juice from the peppers over the fish to juice it up and give it some spicy flavor!
then spread the fish with cream cheese
*
in a bowl mix together 1/4 cup marm.
1/4 cup oyster sauce
two table spoons soy

and finally pour the marmalade mixture over the fish

bake at 375 for 20 minutes

the fish will flake and you can serve with crackers..DELISH







No comments:

Post a Comment