Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Low Carb Parmesean Chicken Casserole



Happy Wednesday!!!!

Last night I had my mom over for a little girls night.. and since she is currently following a no carb diet I wanted to make something that would correspond with her eating habits but to also have a dish that was full of flavor!!

I found the base of this dish on Pinterest ( go figure :)) and then tweaked it to make it my own. I currently have an obsession with zoodles,cauliflower rice and spaghetti squash. They are so versatile and make for great bases to any type of dish. For example I made fajita taco bowls the other night and instead of using rice.. I used the cauliflower rice!! It was so healthy and honestly I could not tell a difference. A vegetable noodle is an easy fix to get your carb cravings in and that is exactly what I used as the base of this casserole. 

Shopping List:

Fresh Parsley
Fresh Basil
1 clove garlic minced
Fresh buffalo Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesean Reggiano Cheese ( shredded)
1 Jar of organic Marinara
1 yellow onion
3 cups COOKED chopped chicken breasts
4 chopped zuchinni and yellow squash


Procedure:
( have chicken cooked beforehand and chopped into large chunks)

Preheat your oven to 350

Saute’ 1/2 large yellow onion with 1 minced clove of garlic in some EVOO over Med/High heat and once cooked set aside.
Next-To a casserole dish or cast iron skillet, layer the bottom with your chopped zucchini and squash: add a little EVOO to the top. On top of that, add your freshly cooked onion and garlic, then add your cooked chicken ( layering like a lasagna) then pour your marinara sauce over everything. Finally add chunks of your buffalo mozzarella, pinches of Parm, and the chopped fresh herbs. Cook for 25-30 minutes until cheese is nice and bubbly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment