Thursday, April 20, 2017

Turkey/Beef Taco Bowl



Hey Friends!!!!

Happy Thursday or as I like to call it “ Friday Eve”

I wanted to share a recipe with you that was pretty much planned last minute but turned out to be amazing and so SIMPLE!!!!

Simplicity is the key word I’m going for these days when I am grabbing my pots and pans and washing up for dinner. 

You could make this with either lean turkey meat or 90 percent lean ground beef its up to you!!!! 


Here we go!

Shopping List:

1 lb ground lean turkey or beef

1/2 chopped yellow onion

1 can black beans rinsed and drained

one cup of diced tomatoes ( or rotel if you have that on hand)

1 avocado cubed

1 cup shredded yellow cheddar or monterray Jack 

one bunch of cilantro chopped and rinsed

one packet of low sodium taco seasoning

one package of brown rice or quinoa ( cooked)

1 orange or yellow bell pepper chopped, seeded, and rinsed


Procedure:

Start by browning your meat with the yellow onion until nice and crumbly. Add the taco seasoning and cook as the package instructs. Next drain and place back in your pot. Add the black beans, tomatoes, avocado, about 1/2 of the cilantro, and the bell pepper. Stir and cook until the bell pepper is nice and soft and the flavors marry together for a while. 

Once veggies are tender ( about 15 minutes)

add your cheese, cooked rice or quinoa and avocado!!

HOLY YUM!!!

** disclaimer**

I made this for my nine month old however all I did differently was NOT season his. I basically just took a small portion of ground meat, beans, avocado, bell pepper, and cheddar and cooked his in a separate pot. If you are not worried about the sodium ( hence why I opted for low) then it will be great for your kids too!!!!

ENJOY!










No comments:

Post a Comment