Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Grocery * Pantry* Staples for your Baby



Image result for Grocery staples


Happy Tuesday!!!!

When does everyone do their weekly shopping trips?? I have yet to get a perfect system down- Normally I shop on Satrudays with Brandon
Sometimes on Sundays after Church ( always a bad idea)

and then a lot of times I will shop on a random Tuesday but then find myself going back on a Saturday because we need an extra item or two..

I digress. I ll get it right one day

Anyways I was going through my pantry and found some of the MAIN items that I pretty much buy weekly for baby Jax and decided to share. These are the times that he eats either daily or weekly. Also some fun little tidbits on some homemade fun snacks!!



1. BANANAS - easy to mashup, blend, or cut into chunks. Pairs well with other fruits and is easy to disguise veggies with :) WE LOVE BANANA

2. SWEET POTATO-  Great for mashing, whipping, adding other proteins with.

3. Mini Mangos-  loves this for breakfast, frozen chunks for teething, and for blending with a banana

4. AVOCADO GREAT FOR EVERYTHING!!!

5. HEB BABY APPLEJUICE- I have started giving Jax two five oz diluted bottles of apple juice water to introduce water into his system per Pedi recommendation. I add 1 oz of pure baby organic apple juice and then four oz of water and let him sip on it while we are outside on a run, or playing in the pool, or when he wakes up from his nap and I pair it with some puffs and he will seem to take it. He hates plain water.. so this was about as good as I could get for him.

6. APPLES- for making applesauce and frozen applesauce bites- HIS FAVORITE!

7.  PUFFS- We love the happy baby organic brand and we LOVE ALL OF THE FLAVORS! I love these because they are not only yummy for Jax ( taste like a little soft cheerio) but they are awesome for fine motor skills ( pincer grip) and they entertain him!

8. Organic Rotisserie Chicken- I am all about cooking our own chicken so that I can control the salt content, ingredients and ect. HOWEVER when I am in a pinch and need to make baby food or casserole or whatever that may call for large quantities of chicken I buy the organic rotisserie chicken and it works great! I can shred it easily and pair it with avocado for an easy lunch for J.  I can blend it and add a ton of veggies and serve it for dinner.. the sky is the limit and we love these.

9. Veggies of choice right now- Asparagus, Spinach, Zuchinni, and Butternut Squash. These are all of our favorites right now and ALL OF them cook easily and soft. The spinach I do have to mix in with something sneaky because he won’t tolerate it on its own.

10. Berries- Blueberries, Rasberries, and Strawberries are all fun easy to cut up ( for finger foods) and also make great purees. Alone they are very tart but mixed with a banana they are fantastic!

** EGG MUFFIN RECIPE**
Shopping List:
4 eggs, 2 bananas, and a handful of fresh blackberries ( blueberries or raspberries will work too)
mash everything together and pour in to a greased muffin pan. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
These make GREAT breakfasts for baby.. soft and easy to chew. They can hold the little muffins in their hands too!







No comments:

Post a Comment