Monday, April 24, 2017

Lunch Rut



Image result for happy Monday



Happy Monday Friends!!!!


Today’s post is mostly centering around our ( or at least mine)  LEAST thought out meal of the day. Many times Lunch is just ...inconvenient?? For me anyways lunchtime falls around the baby’s nap time so as I am finishing feeding him, changing his diaper, fixing a bottle, and getting ready for our nap time routine MY LUNCH is literally the last thing on my mind. Most days I will shovel something in my mouth just so I can spend more of the time doing something productive ( like write on this blog :)) rather then fix myself something nutritious. For many of you moms I am sure a NAP or cleaning the house is more on the priority list rather than making a mess in the kitchen...am I right?? I spent this weekend meal prepping a few meals so that even on the busiest of days when I am strapped for time.. I can eat something.. fueling. 

Here are some EASY ideas that can be prepped before hand 


 Brandon’s Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

1 rotisserie chicken off the bone and chunked
1 apple, peeled and chunked
2 stalks of celery chopped
3 boiled eggs chopped or sliced
8 oz of dill relish
s&p
Mayo to your liking

Stir and refrigerate!!!

This chicken salad is great on Ezequiel Toast or just plain by itself:)


Tuna Stuffed Avocados

Make exactly like the above chicken salad except substitute the chicken with Tuna. Stuff in an Avocado and you have yourself a protein packed easy lunch


Turkey Roll ups

I buy Boar’s head Turkey and roll it up with light baby swiss cheese.. Sometimes I stuff it in a lettuce wrap and call it a day. EASY!

Pasta Salad 

This takes some prep work..

Usually on a Sunday I will make this but it lasts ALL WEEK!!! It is simple, easy, and delicious..your kids will eat it too :)

1 package of whole wheat bow tie pasta.. cooked and drained

1 bunch of basil, torn into small pieces or chopped fine

shredded mozzarella cheese

2 grilled chicken breasts cut into chunks

1 small bottle of pesto 

1 box of cheery tomatoes sliced

olive oil 

salt and pepper

toss all of the ingredients together and enjoy!!! 


xoxxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment