Monday, February 10, 2014

Life the past few months...

Since our wedding life has been a blur! So many wonderful people have come into our life, friends have been made, vacations have happened, and lots and lots of recipies have been made:) One of the biggest blessings Brandon and I have received since moving to San Antonio have been our amazing neighbors. J and E :) We have become so close not just because we are literally a hop-skip-jump away but because we  have practically everything in common! I prayed SO hard to meet a girl who was just like me when we moved here.. someone I could truly relate to in all portals of my life and BAM..I met Elein:) We do a lot together..planning, cooking, hosting, and shopping. One of our greatest joys is cooking. We usually cook at her house once a week and at mine once a week to mix things up, not to mention Brandon and her husband love the fact that they get to play cards together while we slave away in the kitchen:) Aside from meeting a lot of new people we have joined an AMAZING church. Journey Fellowship is a Max Lucado church and has about four locations. We go to the one in Selma which is only 15 minutes from our house...recently we have become more involved and joined Wednesday night youth fellowship. We are the ninth grade leaders!!! It is so much fun to be able to share this experience with my husband ..even though he wasn't thrilled at talking with ninth grade boys about changes they are going through :/ but he is a wonderful spiritual leader and does just fine! I however have NEVER worked with anyone older than the age of 4. Mrs. preschool teacher has upgraded to the ages of 14 and 15 year old girls and I have to say I LOVE IT!!! It is so much fun to be able to talk to these girls, answer their questions, and help guide them in a prosperous way in life. I haven't been a perfect Christian and I have most certainly made my fair share of my mistakes. I mostly just keep my conversations truthful with the girls. I leave out certain details but my goal is to help them NOT make the same mistakes I am and when they have a serious question ..who am I to lie about my past?? I want to make things easier for them. So I live by my golden rule: KEEP IT REAL. San Antonio has been fun so far.. We have our ups and our downs and we are surviving our first year with God, good friends, good food, each other, and family.
xoxo

Some pictures of the past few months
 
My precious baby Calvi <3
My precious baby Calvi <3

A picnic at the Ranch with my love

Snowy day makeovers


San Antonio snow 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment