Thursday, February 13, 2014

BBQ Pulled Pork Sweet Potato

Trust me when I say this is by far the easiest pulled pork recipe you will ever find! I had my neighbor and husband be my guinea pigs on this new little recipe and they devoured it.. seriously not even a scrap of pulled pork was left. That's when I know it's amazinggggggg!! I used to do pulled pork sandwiches in the little sweet hawaiian rolls however the Frankhouser's are on a health kick right now and those little buns will not be so cute for our little buns so sweet potato it is!

you will need:

A crockpot
salt/pepper
large pork shoulder
one can Dr. Pepper
one jug of BBQ sauce ( I love head country )
two sweet potatoes

THATS IT!

now for the cookin' part

Place your pork shoulder in the crock pot and season it with salt and pepper
pour one can of DP in the crock pot
add 1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce to the top of the pulled pork
place on low for about 8 hours until  pork slides off the bone

Sweet potato
drizzle with EVOO
salt and pepper it
place in the oven for 45 minutes

when the pulled pork is done cut open the sweet potato and stuff it in! Its seriously so good!!
Some of you probably think I am nuts for this Dr. Pepper tid bit as a part of this fabulous recipe but I promise its worth it. The enzymes in the Dr. P break down the meat until it is so moist that it just slides right on off that magnificent shoulder bone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment