Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Favorite Kitchen Essentials

It's no secret that I love to cook.. with that said I feel like it is so very important to be cooking with the correct equipment. It is easier on  you and makes your recipes taste better! Now before I got married.. I made do with a wooden spoon as my whisk or my hands as my mixer...I didn't really have all of the fancy schmancy cooking equipment that I got from my wedding. Thank gosh for WEDDINGS!! Haha..and husbands too I guess. Anyways the following are some of my absolute favorite items that I use on a daily or weekly basis .. They are fabulous!!!
 
1. The cast iron skillet; I have said it before and I will say it again.. you haven't tasted good home cooked food unless it has been prepared in this skillet!!! I cook everything from eggs, cakes, cornbread, veggies, filet mignon, and various other recipes in this sucker. It holds its flavor so nicely from all the different seasonings and gives each dish a little kick! I am IN LOVE. 
 


2.  The Kitchen aid hand mixer. Any hand mixer is great but the kitchen aid one comes in fun girlie colors so that is why I like this one best:) I didn't really understand what was so cool about a hand mixer until I got one..  now I use it all the time! I whip my potatoes, or my cauliflower mash, cakes, cookie mix, puddings, yogurts you name it..I whip it. I love foods with a smooth texture so I tend to get whip happy and pull this little guy out at all times. Whipped bourbon sweet potatoes are SO good.. I may have to post about those:)

3. Next to the kitchen aid hand mixer.. is the Kitchen aid STAND MIXER. I am currently coveting this and hope to get it for Christmas from Santa.. but I had to put it on this list because obviously its freaking amazing!! Even if I don't  have one.. I am smart enough to know that this is a MUST HAVE.
 
 
 
           
 
 
 
4. Sur La Table potato peeler; sure this seems like just a little " big whoopie do" of a tool but it is SO your best friend when you are peeling potatoes...and even fruit and other veggies. I am so messy when it comes to peeling I get my peels ALL OVER THE PLACE but this little friend helps things stay neat and orderly. Not spilling, not making a huge nasty veggie mess. Clean. Get one.
 
 
 

 

 
5. Last but certainly not least..( In fact this probably should have been number one on my list) is the Keurig. I really feel like this is self explanatory but I will share its fabulousness out of courtesy :) The Keurig is hands down my favorite most beloved item in my kitchen. Every morning when my eyes pop open for the day, I instantly remember that I get to have my one amazing cup of coffee that I allow myself daily. Just standing in my robe waiting on the brewer to mix up the delicious "donut shop" coffee ( that's my fave:)) is totally orgasmic to me. Okay maybe not orgasmic but its really a pretty good start to my morning. If you do not have a Keurig please put one on your birthday list, Christmas list, anniversary list..whatever.. JUST GET ONE!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment