Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Dolly's Peanut Butter BLT Sandwiches

I know what your thinking.. peanut butter and bacon..gross!! I promise I thought the same thing when I was a little girl as I curiously watched my great grandmother assemble this sandwich with its very intriguing ingredients. I was both pleased and surprised.  I have been eating these sandwiches since I was 5 years old..and my mom has been eating them her whole life.. and my grandmother.. and so on. You get the point right? Anyways this is such an easy recipe.. and I bet kiddos would even love it too!

Shopping list:

one package of center cut bacon

FRESH bread: the best that work with this sandwich I feel are ( Brioche, Ciabatta, Rye, or Pumpernickel)- I also recommend toasting the bread just a little to bring both a golden crustiness and a soft underbelly to your sandwich foundation.

Lettuce: When it comes to the lettuce, the goal is to provide crunch and flavor that can stand up to the rest of the mix. Greenery that I would choose would probably be romaine or butter lettuce. They are versatile and easy and taste yummy.

Tomato. The tomato AKA the "T" is an essential part of this amazing sandwich so its important to pick a good tomato. The type of tomato does not matter so much as the quality. Try and pick one with little or no cracks, intense color, and always slice these with a serrated knife!

and here it goes..instead of MAYO you add PEANUT BUTTER

I choose Jiff..but its totally up to you :)

There you have it .. the perfect BLT..
some additional add ons that taste great could be some really yummy farm house cheddar. This cheese will brighten up your sandwich and make your taste buds pop!!! ( I have really been watching to many cooking shows.. my vocabulary is totally GIADA DE LAURENTIS!)

ENJOY PEEPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment