Saturday, August 15, 2015

September Goals





I wish it felt like this looked outside right now...

I know Texas feels me.

In San Antonio the heat has risen to a whopping 101 degrees each and every day..unlike the humid heat over in Houston, San Antonio has a dry desert like heat...its lovely ...especially when you are walking from the parking lot into the grocery store and look like you just took a shower...in your own sweat. 
(sigh)

Here is a list of goals from a Texas girl dreaming of cooler temps..

September


1. Bake once a week
I do this usually every fall but I really want to try and stick to it because it is so awesome to see how much one little batch of cupcakes or one apple loaf can do to make a neighbor or friend feel special. The teachers at my school LIVED...I mean LIVED for my pumpkin loaf and pumpkin butter...I actually ended up creating recipe cards to go along with whatever I was making so that they could have their own copy. 

2. Decorate for Fall
Yep, September 1st is Fall decorating day in the Frankhouser house!!!! I cannot WAIT to get out my pumpkins and autumn leaves and turn my house into a fall wonderland. I already have my new pumpkin Volupspa candle waiting to be burned..and a host of new pumpkins I found on sale from Hobby Lobby...

3. Evening Walk 
It is insanely hot right now...to hot to walk the dog during the day..to hot to pretty much even breathe outside...I am hoping that once september hits and "hopefully" cools down a little bit we can start doing our evening walks again. I love going on a walk with my hubby and dog our neighborhood is developing a new section where we walk and during our stroll we love to look at the pretty pond and all the hills..a perk of living in the hill country :) its just pretty!

4,  Take it Easy
I am normally such a  go go go person... but right now I am having to take it easy for a little while and it is SO HARD! There is nothing better to me than waking up grabbing coffee, working out, running a million errands, doing chores, cooking dinner, and ending my day with a glass of wine and my hubby... for now, Brandon has been cooking most dinners while I relax with a book on the couch..I cannot go to the gym..so I am trying to find time just reading and watching movies and hanging out. 


5. Pick out Carpet for the upstairs
we are ripping out our old carpet and replacing it-simple goal but needs to be done!!!

6.  Dare I say Christmas shop???
Oh would that be too much!!!!? I think not!
I think I could snag a gift or two right now while the hefty bustle of the season is gone and out of the way... hmm I think this is a brilliant plan!!!





Just us!!! In leiu of our trip to ATX today 

us last year in Austin! Our favorite town!!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment