Thursday, August 27, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins





As promised...I baked yesterday afternoon and perhaps made some of THE BEST muffins I have ever made. These little muffins are perfect for breakfasts on the go, an afternoon snack, or to share with friends like I plan to do :) My taste testers AKA Brandon and Elein said they were really yummy, so I am fulfilling my duty to my blog friends and posting them!



Easy Peasy!

Shopping List

* I substituted some of the ingredients to make ours a bit healthier so I will put my substitutions in Italics.


Ingredients:
  •     1/2 cup butter, melted ( Instead I used two containers of cinnamon applesauce)
  •     1 cup white sugar ( I used raw cane sugar found in the health aisle of your grocery store)
  •     1 egg
  •     1/2 cup chopped walnuts (  I discarded this for nut allergy people at my work)
  •     1 cup all-purpose flour ( I used whole grain organic unbleached flour)
  •     1/4 teaspoon salt
  •     1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  •     1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  •     1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Mix well with your  mixer and pour into your greased muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes!!!!

These taste like a little bit of fall heaven :) You don't have to use my substitutions, the original recipe will taste great on its own I just attempted to tweak it to make it fit our needs!


No comments:

Post a Comment