Thursday, August 27, 2015

Book Review

 
 
Good afternoon!!!
 
I wanted to share a few of my favorite recent reads because I am one of those girls who will literally talk your ear off until you go and purchase/rent a book that I have just absolutely fallen in love with. Here's the thing, I am not a one type book kinda' person. I love thrilling mysteries, romances, biographies, historical renditions, autobiographies, Christian authors, and cook books. If it looks interesting I am going to try it. 9 times out of 10 I end up finding a new author that I really enjoy thus expanding my broad view of literature! This book that I am going to suggest today is one of the best books I have ever read.  The book " Bread & Wine" is written by Shauna Niequist, a pure genius in her writing where her words completely captured my heart. She writes about food and wine ( two of my favorite things EVER) but also about her memoirs of life. She is raw and honest in telling her tales of 3 miscarriages, life's beautiful moments with her family and friends, delicious recipes and friendships that gather together at her table. Intertwined with her lovely and truly page turning stories, she shares her faith and testimonies. I cannot quite put into words what the style of her book is like except that it's worth reading...try it.. grab a cup of coffee or glass of wine and curl up on your couch and read this book. I put it at the top of my review list!!!!
 
Other books that I suggest are
 
Liane Moriarty: The Husband's Secret, What Alice forgot, and Big little lies
 
She is a really easy read.. if you want something light, fun and page turning she is great for that.
 
If you are looking for something dark and twisted I invite you to read
 
V.C. Andrews The Flowers in the Attic saga
 
These are SUPER old books but are now recently coming back to life as I saw they created the saga in a movie series on lifetime. I read these books in College, and like I sad if you want light hearted these are not for you. This tells a story of a truly devious family secret, a hauntingly chilling story of four siblings locked in the attic.. try it you may like it!
 
Julie Julia Project
 
This is easily one of my favorite books ever.. I am sure you have heard of the movie Julie/Julia?? It is basically an collection of stories from a blogger who has decided to write her way through Julia child's famous cook book. Having recently received this amazing cookbook last Christmas I decided to read the novel that went along with it. I read this book in three days flat, it was cute, funny, and honest. Easy little read!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment