Friday, March 4, 2016

Hummus Crusted Chicken





Happy Friday People!!!


I am so ready for this weekend! My best friend Joanne comes in town, we have our annual St. Thomas GALA ( Silent and live auction benefitting my preschool that I work at), and its the last wknd before Spring Break..then I am off to the beach!! :) I tried an amazing recipe last night that I found off of pinterest.. I sadly didn't take any pictures because I didn't think it would be that great however I was wrong. It was wonderful!!! So I am going to share this super easy and very healthy recipe with you today!!! 


Shopping List:

two boneless skinless chicken breasts
one zucchini 
one squash
olive oil 
salt and pepper
one container of your favorite hummus
smoked paprika ( or regular paprika)
juice of one lemon


Procedure

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
dice your zucchini and squash and throw them in a bowl. Combine salt and pepper and olive oil and toss with the veggies...then spread them out on a lined baking sheet.
meanwhile pat your chicken dry, lay it on top of the veggies and salt and pepper them both. Then take a good dollop of hummus and smear it over the top of both your chicken breasts. ( they should be covered) Then squeeze the juice of your lemon over the chicken and the rest of the veggies and top with smoked paprika. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Amazing flavor and so healthy!!!! 




** this is not my original picture, however this is what the dish will look like!!!


Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment