Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Crockpot Lemon Chicken Piccata

Lemon chicken piccata is one of my favorite Italian dishes! This simple version is great for when you are in a pinch for dinner yet it is full of flavor! I have confessed my love for the crockpot in many of my posts and I am using it again! This dinner will not disappoint.




Shopping List

bone in chicken thighs and legs-I purchased eight
capers, olives
juice of two lemons
one sliced lemon
one cup of chicken stock
1/4 cup of flour
2 TBS cumin
salt/pepper
olive oil

Procedure

generously salt and pepper both sides of your chicken
in a pan with oil on medium heat brown your chicken for three minutes on both sides
Transfer the chicken to the crockpot and layer with lemon slices
continue to do these steps until all of your chicken is used. 
layer more lemons on top if needed, add capers,olives ( i used some of the juice as well)
*In a shallow bowl mix the flour, lemon juice, and cumin. Whisk away until flour is dissolved. Then pour this mixture over all of the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours. I also think it would be amazing to splash a few gluts of white wine...I added some italian blended cheese as well :) My house smells AMAZING. Thank you again crockpot for making my life SO easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment