Saturday, August 16, 2014

Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Pork Loin with Herbed Goat cheese Mashers



Fall is approaching and I am drooling over all of my fall cook books, Pinterest fall board, and every single pumpkin candle I can get my hands on. It's hot, I'm over the Texas heat and I am ready for some freakin' 65 degree weather and some pumpkin spice latte's can I get an amen? So, due to my lust for the fall season I decided to get a little jump start and cook up one of my recipes I had been saving for a cool fall evening. The Frankhousers are in town and I thought they would be perfect guinea pigs to try this dinner out on. There were no leftovers :) Also the BEST part about this dinner is that it basically cooks itself!!! People please invest in a crockpot if you have not done so already. It is a time life saver. There is nothing better to me than when I have been running after four year old preschoolers all day to come home to a delicious aroma in my kitchen and knowing that I don't have to lift a finger!! UM wine time:) Here are the ingredients you will need.


Shopping List
Pork Loin 
one apple Sliced thin ( I used a Braeburn because they have a really nice flavor but any apple will do)
one yellow onion
cinamon
honey
apple juice -optional
BBQ sauce-optional
5 large Gold Yukon Potatoes
a log of herbed goat cheese
salt/pep
whipping cream
Butter

Procedure

Take your pork loin and place it on a cutting board. Cut slits and place the apple inside the slits
turn your crock pot setting on low and place the meat inside.
Sprinkle some honey and cinnamon over the pork-I always eyeball so just do what you think is best. Also add about 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce to the top of the meat. Top with sliced onions and additional apples. The recipe I found this from called for some splashes of apple juice but I just substituted the juice for BBQ sauce because I knew eventually it would break down with the juice of the pork and provide a fabulous ROUX but it is up to you :) Cook for about 4-5 hours and dinner is DONE!

For the Mashed potatoes

Boil your golden Yukon mashed potatoes for about 15-20 minutes or until a fork can pierce easily through. Drain and place potatoes back in pot. Add about half of the goat cheese log, a few splashes of heavy whipping cream, and half a stick of butter. Also add a generous amount of salt and pepper especially if you are using unsalted butter. Get your handy dandy hand mixer out and whip those puppies up! I like to leave them a little bumpy because I like my taters to have some texture but whip away if you must!

Serve pork and mashed potatoes side by side and top with the amazing juice you have in the bottom of your crockpot :)


No comments:

Post a Comment