Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chicken & Spinach/Artichoke Casserole



Okay..it was the first day of school..I am exhausted..what am I going to make for dinner??

....two things work for me when I am busy at work during the morning/afternoon and those two things are: The Crockpot and Casserole dishes. Mainly when you think of a casserole you think of something chocked with cheese butter and noodles..however there are ways to make them healthy. And guess what.. They are EASY and QUICK. Just what this busy and tired Pre-K teacher needs after a day at school. The casserole I made tonight was sooooooooooo good. I always say that my recipes are good (heehee) but I'm serious this one is really yummy. It was the perfect balance of cheesy yumminess and healthy veggies:) Give it a try!


Shopping List

one Rotisserie chicken-chopped
A bag of spinach
one zucchini-chopped
one squash-chopped
a bag of blended italian cheese
one onion-chopped and diced
two large red bell peppers-chopped
bag of japanese panko breadcrumbs-italian
two cans of artichoke hearts
salt and pepper 
one jar of alfredo sauce
one cup of quinoa cooked


Procedure

sautee' your chopped onion along with the bell pepper, zucchini, and squash
Once the veggies are soft add half the bag of spinach and let it cook down. Add more oil if you need to. 
While the veggies are browning cook your quinoa
drain quinoa and add to veggie mix
add chicken, artichoke hearts and alfredo sauce
add remaining amount of spinach
stir and fold in the spinach and then add the italian blend cheese
salt and pepper and season to your taste at this point. I just taste and add..taste and add..
when your mixture tastes as YOU think it should " I like lots of cheese and for my veggies to have that charred flavor from my cast iron skillet and olive oil" Top your mixture with a handful of panko crumbs and spray pam on the top for a yummy golden brown topping.
Pour your mixture into a casserole dish and bake at 350 for twenty minutes.

Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment