Monday, August 10, 2015

Pizza Night!!!!!



So about my day yesterday...

yesterday I was so exhausted that I could not find my car in the parking lot. Sure, we all have our days where we press our car beeper button about a thousand times and think to ourselves " OMG someone stole my car!!!!" because we just CANNOT, for the life of us, remember where we parked.  Well yesterday that happened to me, but instead of the usual finding of the car after the usual initial panic attack ..the inevitable happened . I could not find  my car.  Basically my thumb was having involuntary seizures from pressing down on the beeper button so hard and it was the first time I couldn't hear my car..A la someone stole it!!!!

I called 911 and they met me ( at this point I had surveyed the parking lot for a good hour so I didn't just totally spaz..I was reasonable..an hour people) in the parking lot where I told them details and sweated in the hot sun while they jotted down notes about my car. The nice officer invited me into his car and told me we were gonna just survey the lot once more just incase I was a lunatic. ( he didn't actually say it but I was sure thats what he was thinking)  so I obliged and we started looking. At this time Brandon is on the phone with the insurance company and comes roaring into the parking lot with his huge Ranch Hand F350. He begins to survey the lot as well...

5 minutes into it I hear Brandon's Truck having a Horn Beeping attack...

he found my car.

I ended up being crazy.

The kind officer took one look at me and said " Don't worry ma'am it happens all the time"

Sure it does buddy sure it does....

SO EMBARRASSED!!!!

So hopefully you get a little chuckle at my ridiculous story but that is why I decided to bring on some pizza that night.  Here we go!!!


Shopping List


Flat bread pizza crust your choice ( I use a whole wheat brand)
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
s&p
1-2 cups of baby arugula
1/4 shallot chopped
1/2 lemon
one brick of park-shaved with a knife
1/4 pound of prochuttio
buffalo mozzarella


Procedure

preheat your oven to 450
spread a nice even coat of olive oil on your pizza and then salt and pepper it
slice the buffalo mozzarella and place on the pizza until the top is mostly covered.
bake pizza for 8 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly

while the pizza is cooking

take the arugula and place in a bowl, squeeze the lemon onto the arugula, salt and pepper it, and add a dash of olive oil and mix together. Set aside.
Once the pizza is ready to come out immedietly place the arugula salad on top, then add the prochuttio, and lastly top with the shaved parm.


This pizza is so delicious!!! I love the way the peppery arugula cuts the soft buttery mozzarella...its a fancy pizza that is easy to make and tastes wonderful!!! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment