Thursday, April 10, 2014

Easter Excitement

Hooray for Thursday!! I always love a Thursday..it's Friday eve which is super exciting because who doesn't love Friday?? I have some exciting new recipes brewing up and I am so excited to post them!! This year I am "allowed"(<<<---- yes my mom is very particular about the holidays) to host Easter!! I am so excited to hold my first holiday in my own home. Brandon has a work event that Friday so we figured we would just stay in San Antonio. This year Easter is going to be THEMED ( because I am theme obsessed) as a Southern Style Easter. We are going to have lots of the traditional dishes served at Easter..only with a southern twist :) I have been researching and flipping through cookbooks for two months now picking out some of my favorite home cooked recipes that will fit with our Easter theme. Just an example of some that I have picked are,

BBQ Deviled Eggs with pulled pork
* Such a fun twist on the original deviled egg recipe!
photo courtesy of southern living magazine
 
Grit Casserole
 
cheese, butter, and grits
yep sounds pretty southern :)
 
 
BLT Potato Salad
Totally HAD to try this one..it had bacon in it
duh!
 
 
These are just a few of the many side dishes I have planned. I also have a homemade caramel butter cake on the menu as well as a glazed ham!!! I am so excited to host this special holiday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment