Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Cast Iron Skillet

In life we go through so many different seasons. Seasons of change.. seasons of growth, seasons of tribulations, seasons of joy, and seasons of hope. I am such a huge believer that God gives us these seasons not only to fill us with joy and happiness but to also mold our spirit into one of trust and faith.  In my kitchen I hold a very prized possession...my cast iron skillet. Anybody who has a cast iron skillet knows the number one rule is to never wash it with soap because the seasoning will dissipate and your skillet will turn to rust. The beauty of the cast iron is that it is open to different seasons which in turn make delicious food. Sometimes I feel like God is using my soul like I use my skillet.. always seasoning and always changing. I am not the person I was last year.. I can sense a change about myself and it makes me happy. Finding out how God is working in your life is the beauty in living and walking in faith! I have had so many struggles walking in faith and trusting. I love to be in control. OH YEAH. It is how I thrive.. how I feel comfort... and how I deal with situations. For a long time I was turning to people to comfort me because this gave me a sense of control. I was receiving an answer and in turn,  the answer gave me complete relief and comfort. throughout these few months I have turned everything over to God and released my beloved control in his hands. I cannot begin to tell of all the wonderful things God has done in my and in my husband's life. I am so grateful for these seasons of change because they have truly helped me become the woman of faith I have always imagined myself. Letting everything go into His hands has given me the comfort I need and in turn he has blessed us tremendously. It sounds strange but I am grateful for the hard times as much as I am grateful for the good. For those who have anxious hearts and are reading, know this " Trust in the Lord with your whole heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and he will make your path straight" This scripture from proverbs is used to heal many anxious hearts and at first I thought it was just words. It wasn't until I truly let go and believed in what these words mean that the miraculous hands of our Lord touched my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment