Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend Recap

Whew! It is Tuesday and I am STILL tired from this weekend! I had such a blast hosting my first holiday in my new home with my sweet family. I am the girl that is literally giddy with excitement when people come to visit me. I don't get stressed or overwhelmed trying to please everyone I just get so happy that people are coming to stay!! I woke up early on Saturday morning and cooked ALL of my Easter recipes for FIVE hours. Yes that's a long time of cooking...maybe that's why im so tired? Mama and Daddy came around 1:30 with Nana and Papaw following around 2:00. We relaxed and talked and showed them some of the renovations we have been working on and then headed out to dinner. Soluna ( mine and Brandon's favorite Mexican resteraunt in Alamo Heights) was an instant hit. We really can't go wrong choosing Mexican food with this crowd. Easter Sunday came bright and early and we all rushed to make the 9:30 service. The service was beautiful and captivating.. almost like every Sunday but remembering that our savior died and rose again was just all the more beautiful. We sang and praised and listened to Randy Frazee tell his tale and then it was time to go home. AND EAT. and eat we did:) I had everything homemade from Corn Pudding, 3 cheese Maccaroni, Fruit Salad, Grit Casserole, Honey Baked Ham, Salad, Southern style green beans, rolls, buttermilk pie, pecan pie, and BLT potato salad. Remember I did everything SOUTHERN style so I made my food with LOTSA butter:) It was only for one Sunday and I wanted to do my favorite food so I chose the southern style home cooked food that I am so passionate about..only I didn't do any healthy twists like I usually do! The food was great and everyone complimented me on my hard work which made me feel so good! I am totally an affirmation girl haha:) Then we cleaned up, had a little coffee, and everyone left:( I hate to see my family go but at the same time I was SO tired. I put my PJ's back on..cuddled up to my husby and fell asleep on the couch. It was a GREAT weekend.


Here are a few pictures:


I DIY these flowers and I was so proud!

They looked so fresh and clean..spring!

I was overjoyed to be able to put my china to use!
 


Had to get my hair done before Easter of course
 

 
Looks like I have a green thumb after all! Knockout Roses!

A picture of my pulled pork deviled eggs...recipe to come!

 
BLT potato salad



Nana and Calvi...she loves him haha


 
He is thrilled

I was a little obsessed with my table..can you tell?

 
Before Soluna
 

ALL SET!

Hostess with the mostest

 
The spread.....

YES I DID IT ALLLLLLLLLL
 


DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment