Monday, July 28, 2014

Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

UM seriously all you buffalo sauce lovers you can just thank me for this recipe it is SOOO worth making!!! At our house we have a slight addiction with Franks red hot sauce as well as their buffalo sauce.. its a little much. I mean we buy them in bulk.. like FOUR of the HUGE bottles at a time. I know its weird..but I have an obsessive personality so whatev. Anyways I stumbled across this recipe on pinterest of course, and knew immediately that we would be having these the next night for dinner. Everyone loved it!!! So I wrote it down in my "Caleins" cook book for a staple recipe.
** Side note.. try not to get the "extra hot" version of franks buffalo sauce.. I didn't read the label very well and ended up having some serious issues. " Think Will Smith in the movie Hitch after he eats shellfish." yep.

 
 
Shopping List:
 
1 1/2 lb ground turkey ( the recipe calls for ground chicken but I used turkey)
one jar of Franks Buffalo Sauce
Green onions chopped
blue cheese
one cup plain bread crumbs
celery salt
salt/pep
one egg
onion powder
crockpot
 
 
Procedure: * preheat oven to 350
Combine the following ingredients in a large bowl:
ground turkey, all of the spices listed, green onions, one egg, and the breadcrumbs
once the mixture is very well mixed together, start balling them up into meatballs(whatever size you want: I did larger sized ones since it was our main dish for dinner but you could do small ones if you are making a superbowl appetizer!!) and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Cook in the oven for about 7 minutes.
Once they are slightly browned on the outside pop those babies in the crockpot and pour the ENTIRE bottle of franks on them. Cook on low for about 2 hours.
garnish with blue cheese dressing and some extra green onions.
 
AMAZING I TELL YA!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment