Thursday, October 22, 2015

Tuscan Bean Soup







#vibes


Today was fabulous!! We had our pumpkin patch day at St. Thomas which meant a longggg day on my feet running around after excited three year olds. I knew I was going to be tired and would not feel like cooking so I got my crock pot out of course!!!! I found this recipe on Pinterest and tweaked it to make it my own.  This is such a yummy fall comfort food..I made ours meatless but this soup would be fabulous with some keilbasa or chicken thrown into the mix. I woke up and literally dumped all of my ingredients into the crockpot...done. Just the way I like it! 

Shopping List:



  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 2 medium carrots, diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1 medium zucchini, diced
  • 1 yellow summer squash, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, pressed
  • ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
  • ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 quart vegetable (or chicken) broth
  • 2 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed ( I added an extra can of butter beans)
  • 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with juices
  • 3 cups chopped kale, ribs removed
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • One to two cans of cream of celery soup for texture ( cream of mushroom or chicken would work great too)

Procedure:

Literally dump everything in the crockpot and leave!

In all seriousness though..
Place all of the ingredients inside of the crockpot and cook it.. for 8 hours...season as needed!!

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment