Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Rainy Monday and a few Recipes... WHAT!



This blog started out as a cooking blog ( I don't even remember the last time I posted a recipe!!!) During the days of being a newlywed in tandem with teaching preschool I would read cook books, tweak them, and blog my own little concoctions. Fast forward a pregnancy and baby later..there are NO recipes to be found! They have all been lost in the sea of newborn pictures and monthly updates!!! So I have decided to start posting bi-weekly NEW recipes now that I have a little bit more time to myself ( baby Jax is on a great sleep schedule now yay!) 

First up is something that a dear friend made for me right after I had Jax. Now I can't exactly take full credit for it but I did some minor tweaking so I felt I needed to share it on the blog. If you have a busy week ahead all you need to do is prep this meal on a sunday and it can be lunch for you/kids/husband all week long. It saves great so thats also a win!


Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta

This is a simple supper that requires about 30 minutes of your time. If you don't have time to fire up the grill, simply bake your chicken breasts and you are good to go!!! Here is the ingredient list


Ingredients:

two grilled chicken breasts sliced or chunked

two cups grape tomatoes sliced in half

freshly diced basil

bowtie pasta cooked drained and rinsed

olive oil

home made pesto ( or if you want to save time just buy the store-bought version!)

Fresh Mozzarella ( or shredded in the bag)

Salt and pepper


thats it!!


Directions:

Grill or bake your chicken ( salt and pepper/ olive oil both sides) to perfection and then chunk or slice it however you choose. Set aside-

While your chicken is cooking, cook your pasta adding just a little olive oil to the pot . Once finished,  rinse and drain and set aside. 

here comes the fun part :) 

In a LARGE bowl add your pasta, chicken, sliced fresh basil, grape tomatoes, and pesto sauce.. MIX TOGETHER!!! Continue to add salt and pepper until it is seasoned to preference. Serve in a Bowl and top with a few chunks of fresh Mozz!!!!! SO simple!!!


Image result for grilled chicken pesto bowtie pasta



No comments:

Post a Comment