Monday, March 23, 2015

Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos




SPRING HAS SPRUNG!



I am typically never satisfied with the season, for example ; When it is summer and sweat is dripping down my back as I walk from the parking lot into the grocery store I am dying and cursing for winter and Christmas and hot chocolate!!! When winter is brutal and I cannot take my three year olds outside to play and we are stuck in the classroom all day I want to scream and make summer come back ASAP!!! Right now I am perfectly satisfied and happy that spring is here :) Spring also brings new recipes and outdoor back porch eaten' kinda weather!!!!!! Right??! 

This recipe is a spin off of my Garlic Lime Cilantro Chicken except I used shrimp..and I stuffed them inside a corn tortilla!! It was genius!!!! :) 

Try this recipe and you will be so happy that you did :) It will be a staple for Taco Tuesday I assure you!

Shopping List:

1 1/2 lb shrimp deveined
package of corn tortillas
bunch of chopped cilantro
cumin
cayenne
salt
pepper
olive oil
minced garlic
limes
butter
pico de gallo ( you can make your own, or just buy store bought)

Procedure

peel all tails off of your shrimp and place in a shallow bowl
season your shrimp with a few gluts of olive oil, generous pinches of salt and pepper, a few shakes of cumin , cayenne. fresh minced garlic, and chopped cilantro. Juice your limes and pour in the shrimp.
Mix well and let marinate for one hour in fridge. 

Once marinated, over a medium high skillet melt 1/4 stick of butter. Place your shrimp evenly in the pan and cook until pink ( be sure not to over cook!!!!!)
Warm your corn tortillas and spoon some shrimp inside and top with some fresh pico!

SOOO EASY!!!! :) 

Serving side suggestions:




No comments:

Post a Comment