Thursday, January 22, 2015

Colty Colt





....so true...

out of all my yummy food posts and my random posts..I realized I haven't done a post on my most favorite thing at my house!!! My big fur baby Colt.


We got Colt when he was 6 weeks old on a random spur of the moment " we are going to get a dog now " trip. We had been discussing getting a dog for OVER a year.. and finally one day as we were driving back from our beach house Brandon looked at me and said " I want to take you to buy a dog. Look up Breeders." I freaked out. I immediately got on google and started googling the closest breeders to San Antonio. I found a few legit breeders and called them but they were all wanting over 1,000 dollars for a lab pup..my budget was 650:( finally as I was about to give up I found a breeder in sequin who had a litter of 8 puppies..black and yellow and they were ready to go that day!!!! They were 500 dollars and we were the first ones to pick!!! I will never forget looking down at my feet once we arrived at this house and seeing the cutest most innocent looking black puppy. It was as if he chose us...I picked him up and never put him down. That is how we got Colt. He is a character this dog of ours, he chases his brother Calvin ( kitty prince), and hops into bed with us even though he is a gazillion pounds. He loves chasing butterflies but will follow and protect his mommy anytime she is sad, worried, or upset-he has an incredible instinct. He is amazing with kids which is good for us :) and he is always ready to play...this puppy has brought Brandon and I so much joy. I never even knew i was a dog person until I got him :) He is my special fur baby and I love him so much!!!!

Heres to my Colt, Coltis, Colty Colt, Coltyoltywolty-yep I'm that mom.

















No comments:

Post a Comment