Thursday, January 22, 2015

WIWW Winter Style

I LOVE WINTER.


Winter is a time for plaid, a time to rock the scarves ( even when your husband thinks you wear scarves way to much), bust out the leopard gloves, and don't forget the UGG boots!!! :) Since I teach pre school my winter style has to be comfortable and reasonable ... but that doesn't mean I have to look like a frump on a log!!!! 


Staples in my winter closet include 

  • A good Pair of boots - weather they are leather, suede, or UGG material. ..make sure they are weather resistant, durable, and comfortable to walk in. My recent personal fave are my turquoise Wellies! I wear them all the time!!!! They are not only comfy but weather and rain resistant. 
  • A warm vest- I literally LIVE in my puffer vest. It keeps me warm and looking stylish:) I also love my FAUX<---- read that PETA) fur vest.. it is a very cute winter staple and can be used to dress a simple outfit up. 
  • A pair of flannel PJ's. I bought the Cutest pair at Marshalls...they are not only for sleeping in but also for those lazy Sundays after church where you wanna throw off your cute clothes and put back on your jammies. These types of pajamas are for those days :) 
  • Lots of layering pieces...long sleeved t-shirts from Gap or Loft are easy to pair underneath sweaters..I like to buy some with a pop of color so that if I choose to wear a dull sweater some FUN sticks out from underneath!!!!
  • Scarf...scarf...scarf. If you know me you should know I have a serious scarf obsession. It is so bad that my entire guest room closet is only filled with scarves :/ I probably shouldn't even admit that. I am the emelda marcos of scarves. Flannel ones have been my go to this winter. I am sure you have scoured pinterest and the shops and have noticed all the cute flannel blanket scarves!! They match everything! I love them!
















No comments:

Post a Comment