Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding

Lately I have become bored with my breakfast routine...greek yogurt and granola...or English muffin and peanut butter... after a while I just crave something different. Do you? I scoured my favorite websites for breakfast recipes that I could incorporate what I already have in my fridge into something different, tasty, and healthy! This recipe seriously tastes like dessert...I promise you that when you eat this heavenly pudding your taste buds and body will thank you later! For this recipe you will need

1 cup PLAIN greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup( pref. grade B) but whatever you have on hand doesn't matter.
one teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup chia seeds *** chia seeds are extremely healthy for you they are known to lower blood pressure, full of fiber and Omega 3, and have tons of antioxidants :)
a handful of freshly washed blueberries and rasberries
1/4 cup of sliced almonds, toasted OR blanched-plain


Directions:
** I like to make a big batch of the pudding so I tend to get a big bowl with a lid and just keep it in the fridge until ready to eat.

In a bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt and almond milk until smooth
then add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and chia seeds.
cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning add the handful of fresh berries as well as the sliced almonds ( I also add a touch more maple syrup)
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment