Tuesday, May 9, 2017

** A quick side** Roasted Veggies



Happy Tuesday!!

 I have been slacking on the blogging front but here I am today with a quick and easy side that I have literally been making almost every single night!!

You know that moment when you stare into  your fridge.. RIGHT about the time you are ready to make your new grocery list and you think to yourself  “Dang! all these veggies have pretty much gone to waste” *sigh* That HUGE bag of spinach that you were going to make every single night ( and maybe throw a little in your morning smoothie) is wilted and gross. The carrots you were going to shred into that amazing healthy Asian inspired egg roll boll are now.. brown, the sprouts that you were going to top on your avocado toast are ...ruined. Yep I have been there!! I am constantly thinking of new and convenient ways to incorporate my veggies into my daily life without having to make a big to do about it anymore...because #TIME and #CHASINGABABY

So...

not like this is ground breaking of any sorts but hey it works! 

Each night I have been taking a different set of veggies and roasting them. Sometimes alongside a protein like chicken, or chicken sausage, shrimp or pork and sometimes just alone. 

I AM NOT WASTING MY VEGGIES ANYMORE YAY  ME!


VEGGIE COMBOS

Each combo just olive oil S&P

preheat 400 and roast for 15-20 mins

All Veggies should be chunked into large chunks 

1. 1 bunch asparagus, 1 purple onion, bag of colorful sweet peppers chopped ( or just one large bell pepper chunked up) Sweet potato, Zuchinni

2. 1 crown of broccoli ( into florets), 1 head cauliflower (into florets), 1 purple onion ( or sweet), 1 green bell chunked, Squash

3. Eggplant ( skin off and chunked) , Bell pepper, White onion, Grape tomatoes, mushrooms


Seriously the sky is the limit with mixing and matching veggies. I feel like I am getting so much more out of my meals and I am not adding so many bad things ( rice, pasta ect) because I am getting so many vegetables! 


No comments:

Post a Comment