Sunday, June 25, 2017

Healthy Fruit Muffins for Baby!!!




Happy Sunday friends!!!! We are SO excited to be sneaking off to the beach with our little boy!! With that little boy in tow though I KNOW I need  to pack smart, have organized food, and LOTS of snacks on hand. I also know that I am going to be one tired ( and hopefully TAN :)) mama after getting back so throughout this week I have prepped meals that can be easily frozen so I won’t have to worry about cooking meals upon our return! 

I love muffins because, like a meatball, you can pack an abundance of fruits, veggies, or proteins ( think chia seeds!) that are super healthy for baby. My sweet boy LOVES to independently feed himself so muffins are an easy food that can be grabbed, torn, and stuck right in his pretty little mouth! 

Here ya go!!


Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat organic flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt ( just a pinch y’all)
1/2 cup of applesauce
1T vanilla
1/2 cup flaxseeds
a pinch of chia seeds ( a little goes a long way!)
1/4 cup canola
3/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup baby yogurt 
1/4 cup organic whole milk
3/4 cups fruit of choice 


Procedure:

1. preheat oven to 350
2. in a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 t baking powder, and salt
3. in a larger bowl combine applesauce with 1/2 t baking P
4. to ^^ that mix, add flax, chia, oil, agave, vanilla, yogurt, and milk..stir well
5.  Add fruit of choice
6. Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!






No comments:

Post a Comment