Thursday, June 29, 2017

Beach 2017



Happy Thursday!!!

We returned yesterday from three wonderful days down at the beach. We just wanted a quick getaway for our family of three and three days was the perfect amount of time for a nice little recharge. I wasn’t sure how Jax would do since this was technically our first vacation together but he did great!! I will say, I think three days was max what he could handle and I was happy to be back in our own little space but we did NOT want to leave the beach!!!!

We spent Monday driving in, unloading, and then racing to the beach where Jaxie just about ate his weight in sand, chased after the waves, and squealed every time a seagull landed close to us. It was so wonderful to watch how much my baby loves the water.  Jax is so much like his dad in about a million different ways but watching him splash and smile during our time on the beach just shows how much he really is like his mama who is also a true beach baby at heart.

We ate our weight in fresh snapper, wolfed down loads of clams bathed in a white wine sauce, and drank probably a little to much wine after the baby went down ;) it was exactly what we needed at this moment in our lives and I am so glad we did it!! We plan to go back in September once my parents have their new home settled in Port A and recreate all of the fun we had all over again!!!!

Here are some pictures from our fun time at the beach!

Day 1 we were pumped to be there!!! On our golf cart and headed to the sandy shore!



Baby boy fell asleep on the golf cart ride and I soaked it in


My toes were in the sand, I had a sleeping baby on my chest, and a cold beer in my hand. It was a pretty great moment.


Dinner at Shells ( I highly recommend!!) This place was SO neat.. a little hidden gem almost. It was SO tiny ( think cracker box style) so I was unsure at first...then we glanced at the menu and saw some AMAZING seafood...um fresh mussels in a white wine and butter sauce, fresh caught snapper cooked in a brown butter sauce. I was like okay yes we are staying. It is italian seafood so some amazing pasta was served up as well!!! Great place.






Tired boy



This was after dinner and after baby hit the hay. It was so refreshing to open a bottle of cab, sit on the deck and talk with my husband. It has been a WHILE since we have been able to do that and I felt that it was important and SO nice to be able to have that opportunity!


my beautiful boy

On to dinner at Lisabellas!! Night 2!


Smirking at his daddy


Daddy treated us to ice cream after dinner and we shared a plain vanilla cone. Jax loved it!!!!


Glorious.

On our last morning in the middle of our first cup of coffee we decided to jump in the cart and take a beach ride. It was BEAUTIFUL! The beach is so peaceful in the mornings..the smell of sunscreen and BBQ was absent as well as the squeals and shouts of excited children. It was just so peaceful and we enjoyed it!




 I am so thankful for these two every single day of my life.
Thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment