Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bell Pepper Chicken Pasta

On Sundays after church Brandon and I will occasionally mosey on over to the Farmer's Market nearby. I always want to go and usually beg Brandy to walk around with me instead of racing home so he can watch his beloved golf show..and this time he agreed :) and even bought me my favorite Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks. We came across the fruit and veggie stand where I generously selected squash, zucchini, butternut squash, fresh cucumbers, and tomatoes...all of my favorites. Then we came to an interesting pasta booth..all of the pasta was home made, gluten free, whole wheat..and infused with a plethora of flavors. I chose the red bell pepper one and therefore this dish was created :) I knew with just a simple meat and some veggies this would be a great and easy pasta dish!! 


Shopping List

one package of whole wheat linguini-if you happen to be at an awesome farmers market and can find bell pepper infused pasta more power!
one red and one yellow bell pepper cut and diced
two yellow squash cut and diced 
one half of a large yellow onion cut and diced
salt/pepper/tonys
one package of boneless skinless chicken breasts-about four or five
one tablespoon of heavy cream-optional
olive oil

Procedure

Start by sautéing your veggies in a heavy drizzle of olive oil
add some salt and pepper and wait for them to brown
while your veggies are browning you can grill your chicken
I pre marinated mine with salt/pepper/tonys and a little italian dressing for about 3 hours before we made this but it doesn't matter. 
take chicken off the grill and while you are waiting for it to cool add your pasta and cook it until al dente -I like to add olive oil and salt to my water for extra flavor-
cut your your chicken into small strips or chunks for easy bite sized yumminess!
drain your pasta and add the veggies, and chicken, stir in a little more olive oil..add the creme if you choose and a touch more salt and pepper! YUM
Serve with a salad:) ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment