Thursday, March 16, 2017

Mom Thoughts



I told myself once I had Jax I wouldn’t make this a “ Mom Blog” meaning I wouldn’t JUST post about Jax and his milestones.. however most of my posts are of my child :) And you know what I am not sorry one bit. I still go back to my July 2016 post and stare at his newborn pictures.. I wrote down what he was doing and how I felt.. pretty  much nothing but exhaustion..but I HAVE those memories jotted down on a little webpage and I love it:) When I started this blog in 2013 I literally had NO IDEA what to do with it.. I just wanted an outlet. This blog has been just THAT :) I have wrote about fashion, cooking, struggles, faith, nail polish, pregnancy, birth, babies, wine... pretty much everything and I LOVE that it is my own personal little scrapbook for me to look back on over the years. Tonight as I was rocking my baby to sleep I was thinking about all of the things I don’t want to forget to do with my children.. some of those things are these...


1. SMELL THAT HEAD MAMA!!! Whether your baby is freshly bathed with lavender scented lotion or messy and spitty from a day of fun.. smell his sweet little soft spot. Breathe that hair in and don’t forget what it smells like. That smell is yours :) Yours forever and it is absolutely breathtaking.

2. Take pictures of your baby’s feet.. I have like234342340982374 pictures of Jax’s feet... I just LOVE how they grow from wrinkly tiny newborn feet ( that were kicking you all of those months!) to chunky spunky baby toes that are wriggling with excitement!!! Photograph them and keep them ... kiss them too :)

3. Put your phone away when you are rocking the baby to sleep. I have a rule in my house.. during our bedtime routine ( story..night night nurse and bottle..rock to sleep) I leave my phone downstairs with my husband. There are only so many years that you will get to rock your little one to sleep.. and it is SO easy to just scroll through Facebook or instagram or Nordstrom online lol while your baby nods off. But mama, stare at his face while he sleeps.. look at those perfect little rolls that you and your husband made. Hold his dimpled hand and smell his sweet little lotion..kiss his fat cheeks and tell him you love him a million times in his ear. Nothing is as important as that sweet time with your baby.

4.  Play on the floor with baby.. most nights I pour  myself a glass of wine and get on the floor with Jax ( in the morning its coffee :)) but I get down and in the mix with his toys and watch him giggle.. I know there is laundry to be done and dishes to be put away but if your husband is home ASK HIM TO HELP! Face to face playtime is important.. allowing your baby to see that mommy interacts and wants to play is priceless. There is nothing more genuine than my son’s giggles over me shaking his favorite toy in the air like lunatic. He thinks I am the most amazing person on this planet and I praise God for that. I am for sure NOT the most amazing-have it all together - perfect mom, but to him I am. The fact that he lights UP like a little candle when I play with him makes me realize how important it is. DO it! 

5. LOVE YOUR HUSBAND This may sound silly like “ Who doesn’t love their husband?” But when I say love your husband I say LOVE HIM in front of your baby.. your baby doesn’t know much about communication quite yet but I guarantee your baby knows love. You LOVE your baby and snuggle them and kiss them and speak kind words to your baby.. so love your husband- the daddy to your baby. Most of you probably do, but I know that times can be difficult ( exhaustion, baby up all night, husband working late, feeling like you do it all yourself, husband traveling ECT) whatever the case may be.. but choose to love one another and show that love to your chid. 

Also moms.. 

DRINK WINE AND WORKOUT :) You will feel great I promise!!!!!


Just a few random pictures because I love my family 
















No comments:

Post a Comment