Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Life is a Beach.




This is what I will be doing in approximately 24 hours! Yipee!!!!

Every Summer and usually Spring Break, My family and I travel to our beach house in High Island Boliver. ( AKA right across from Galveston). Many of you ahem ( non Texans) will be sticking your nose up at Galveston however this is Texas and we take what we can get!!!! 

My family has had a beach house since I was five ears old..I spent many summers and spring breaks romping around the sand, body surfing, racing after the ice cream truck,  and catching hermit crabs only to later kill them by ripping them out of their shell. I ate Bomb pops by the dozen, never wore shoes, and was about as brown as the sun could brown me :) 

Hurricane Ike happened and tore down our favorite little beach house. The one that housed memories from my childhood...the one where I took my first sip of alcohol with my best friend, the one where I took all of my friends after prom for our first " SENIOR TRIP" , and the same house that we watched the mardis gras parade go by each and every year.  We had so many fun memories in that beach house with friends and family and honestly the dirty beach was just a part of all the fun. We weren't bothered by the fact that our feet never touched white sand..or that we couldn't see our feet when we looked down into the water.  We were just happy to have a place to go and relax with good people who didn't want all the fuss.


TODAY

I go to that same beach with my husband...my family has  a brand new house that we bought after the hurricane ripped through. Since the hurricane everyone has rebuilt, renovated, and started a new little town. This is the place that I will take my baby and start memories with my own little family. I absolutely look forward to our beach trips..I have two fresh new library books, my beloved four dollar tanning oil that I KNOW is bad for me but I love :), and most of all my entire family. We love to cook and boil shrimp, listen to music on the deck, fish and lay out, ride the boat and go crabbing. Just fun! So for the next week this is what I will be doing :) pictures later to come!!!

and just for grins
some beach pics from last year's trips









No comments:

Post a Comment