Monday, June 22, 2015

quiet time





I decided to do a post on "quiet time" because it is a part of my day that is so important to me. It feeds me, renews me, and gives me a positive perspective on life and how God wants me to live it. My quiet time is usually only 15-30 minutes depending on my day but I really try and do it each and every day. I start with my cup of coffee..then sit down and read some scripture. My favorite way to start is by reading the book " Jesus Calling"- if you have not yet heard of this book....friends, it is AMAZING! I read the corresponding day and the scripture placed beneath the passage. 


Got my coffee and ready to start my morning :)

This is an example of my Jesus Calling... with the corresponding scripture beneath.


Where I do my quiet time!


I love This Bible that my best friend Joanne told me about years ago! It is perfect for me and has lots of little study guides in the back for if you are not working on a separate bible study.



The very back of it with different studies


THIS book is the bible study that I am currently reading right now. It asks you to write down the truths in your life and really examine what God is asking you to do...it is amazing and allows you to focus on the positive and reminds you of our ever faithful God. The scripture is easy to read and understand and is easily intertwined with your life. I apply this book every day to the way I live and it is awesome!


This book is written by one of my favorite christian authors Priscilla Shirer. She is a real woman with real struggles and writes to you with the promise that God is ABLE. He is amazing, promising, ever faithful, and ABLE. I was so refreshed after reading this..I have lent it to two of my friends who are struggling right now and it has helped them tremendously! Even if you are not "struggling" with something in particular in your life right now this book was just a good read and acknowledgement of what God can do in your life...


I hope this was somewhat interesting and helpful to those looking for a way to spend quiet time! I certainly have felt a difference in my life after starting these little quiet times and feel tremendously blessed by everything God has done in my life..through the struggles and the triumph he has brought me such happiness and he can do that for you to if you let him in!

Busy people: Try and wake up an extra 10 minutes earlier than normal. During my work week I was waking up at 4:45 so that I could read and have a little alone time..now that it is summer I can be more flexible..

When I have babies my time will be limited again.. so even if your quiet time is "limited" try and find some sort of 10 minutes to read some scripture and just enjoy the quiet. 

a lot of time my prayer time happens in the car while driving.. I am a busy girl and am not home most of the time so sometimes my "quiet time" happens when I am traveling somewhere.. or when I was teaching it was almost always in the car. :) 


My favorite quote!! It is so true and I believe it with all of my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment