Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Steelhead Trout with a Lemon Butter and Dill topping




So normally I don't post two food posts in one day but ...friends...oh.my. 
This was something I had to blog about as soon as it hit my mouth!


During the Summer Brandon and I typically eat a lot more fish than we do in the Winter just because its lighter, healthier..that sort of thing. However, we tend to stick with the SAME OLE BORING FISH. 
Salmon. 
Yes I love salmon! It is healthy, easy, can be cooked with only a few simple ingredients..but after a while it got a little bit boring. So after talking with my fish monger at my local grocer..he recommended steel head trout ( which looks and tastes similar to salmon) I have only had rainbow trout and love it however I wanted something easier to prepare. Steel head has a light, flavor but at the same time a dense richness to it that makes it versatile to cook with! This is the recipe I came up with and it was so good!


Shopping List

2 8 oz filets of steelhead trout
fresh Dill
One Lemon
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
1/4 stick of butter ( could sub olive oil)
salt and pepper
one shallot chopped and minced
two garlic cloves  chopped and minced

Procedure

Preheat your oven to a nice and hot 450 degrees
meanwhile in your pan over med. high heat, place your butter and let it melt a little. Then add your chopped shallot and garlic..once they start to soften add your lemon zest and lemon juice let the flavors cook for about three minutes.
on a baking sheet, salt and pepper your fish then once the shallot and garlic is finished cooking ..pour the buttery sauce on top of the fish and finally place the chopped fresh dill on top. 
Pop in the oven for 15 minutes ...
you will have a perfect, flaky, moist and delightful fish dinner!!!

We served ours with a side of halved brussels and chopped butternut squash. 





No comments:

Post a Comment